go to : Go to our store… or order online
Because of their passion for « francophone » music, Nathalie and Gilles have officially created FRANCOPHONIES in 2003 inQuebec. For 15 years, They worked as managers in France, when they decided, tired of « parisian » life, to move to Montreal with a container full of records ! They always have been passioned with « francophone music » and they appreciate the way of life in Quebec.
For years, Nathalie and Gilles love shows and concerts.
On may 2003 1st, the FRANCOPHONIES store officially opened in the heart of artistic and students’ life of Montreal, on Saint-Denis street. After 5 years, FRANCOPHONIES has moved on march 2008 15th, on Ontario street, a few steps from the Village. As Gilles likes to say :« It’s better to have one’s own even if it’s smaller ».
OUR MISSION, OUR SPECIALITIES
FRANCOPHONIES wishes to promote francophone music on a cultural basis. We do not fight over political issues. To share our passion is our unique goal.
FRANCOPHONIES has been a dream for years. In preparation to the grand opening, we have been travelling around France and Quebec to find over 30,000 items (records, CD’s, DVD’s, books, magazines, videos…), new or used, exclusively dedidacted to french-speaking music and cinema :
– Over 20,000 vinyl records, collected both sides of the Atlantic Ocean, are offered to clients and collectors.
– Almost 1,000 items dedicated to Celine Dion, make fans happy and allow FRANCOPHONIES to be one of the best spot to find long time awaited items.
– Eurovision fans (this so strange contest) can find hundreds of records, from all europeen countries, from the begining to our days; some singers are now famous, some are not….
– For some years, FRANCOPHONIES is interested in movies, and offershundreds of DVD’s dedicated to french cinema as well as cinema from quebec; usually you can find an english track on theses DVD’s.
– FRANCOPHONIES is now developping a new activity : selling diecast cars; especially those from France, models from the 60s, scale 1/43, new and used but in very good condition.
– Beside these specialities, FRANCOPHONIES has thousands of CDs and audio tapes, books, magazines, posters and videos,… completly dedicated to this passion of « francophone » music.
A LOCAL IMPLANTATION, A WORLDWIDE PRESENCE
More than 10 years in buying records,10 years in selling music in its Montreal store, make Gilles an actual expert in « francophone » music.
Over the years, FRANCOPHONIES has become an inevitable spot in Quebec and in North America to find french-speaking music.